Are You Tired of Feeling Fatigued?
Sep 21, 2016
Have you been feeling fatigued and spaced out, having digestive discomfort, break-outs on your face and body, itchy skin, and/or yeast infections?
From my personal experience as well as working with people for over 20 years, I am happy to share that you are not alone feeling “out of sorts”. However, finding the right steps to alleviate the symptoms and get to the root can be a very confusing journey. There is an explosion of information or mis-information online when it comes to Cleanses, Supplements, or products in general suggesting how to alleviate all of the above and more.
Of course there are so many factors that can make you feel sick, but today I would like to focus on one of the most common offenders: Candida Albicans.
As a Consultant Pharmacist and Fellow in Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine, I am very happy to share my expertise on how you can detect if you are truly suffering from Candida overgrowth and the appropriate nutritional support to help you clear the imbalances.
What is Yeast or Candida Albicans?
Single-celled microorganisms classified as members of the fungus kingdom. When in balance, they are part of a healthy microflora in our gut and vagina.
There are different types of yeast: mold, candida, mushrooms, mildew.
What are some of the most Common Symptoms related to Candida overgrowth?
- Sugar cravings
- Mood swings
- Environmental sensitivities
- Vaginal infections
- Food sensitivities
- Memory loss
- Sexual dysfunction
- Digestive problems
- Frequent colds
What promotes the Yeast Overgrowth?
When your immune system is strong, Candida should not cause any issues. But if you have a recurring sinus infection, bronchitis, acne, cystitis and take antibiotics for extended periods of time, then Candida will most likely be overpopulated in your body.
- Prolonged use of antibiotics: Penicillin, Ampicillin, Cephalosporins, Tetracylines
- Prolonged use of steroids: Prednisone
- Please keep in mind that a diet rich in sugars and simple carbohydrates will support the Candida overpopulation in your GUT
- Birth Control Pills, Hormonal imbalances
- Re-infection from your sexual partner
- High levels of heavy metals
How can Candida cause so many disturbances?
Studies by Japanese scientist showed that Candida Albicans can weaken the immune system by putting out high and low molecular weight toxin.
How can you find out if you have Candida overgrowth?
I have created a very simple questionnaire that can help you and your healthcare practitioner navigate towards the right path of feeling good.
*Please be advised that you must see a licensed medical practitioner in your area to help you achieve ultimate health.
How to clear Candida
After taking the questionnaire and finding your results, you will have some basic solutions to begin the process.
Eliminate the following foods:
- Sugars (please always read labels to avoid sugar in foods)
- Bread and pasta
- Bananas, grapes, dried fruits, or any other high fructose fruits
- Fermented food
Follow the 4-R Protocol:
- Remove - allergens, antigens, pathogens, parasites
- Reinoculate - with good bacteria: pre and probiotic
- Replace - with symbiotic flora: pre and probiotic
- Repair - with gut mucosal nutrients
- *Candida contributes to leaky gut. Please refer to my earlier blog post about this topic.
Take nutrients to support the GUT:
- L-glutamine 2000mg-10000mg
- EPA/DHA 500-1000 mg 3 times per day
- Quercetin 500 mg 3 times per day
- Zinc 10-20 mg 3 times per day
- GLA 500 mg 3 times per day
- Pantothenic Acid 100-200 mg 3 times a day
- Vitamin A 5000-25000 IU (only up to 8000 IU if smoker)
- Probiotics: Ultra Flora Plus, OrthoBiotic, Probiodefense
- NAC 500mg
- MSM 1000mg 3 times a day
- Vitamin C 1000mg
- Digestive and Pancreatic enzymes
- Vitamin E 400IU
Evaluate your Energetic Patterns:
I am a huge believer that our body is an incredibly brilliant vessel at communicating to us and making us pay close attention. When we don’t feel well, it’s an invitation to look much deeper, beyond the physical symptoms and ask what has been our belief system up until now? Candida overpopulation may suggest...
- You are being emotionally invaded by something or someone
- Feeling of being out of control
- Your “normal” environment is no longer supportive
- Feeling insecure, self doubt
- As if something is eating you away
- Resisting the change or the process of letting go
Creating a new belief pattern to release the old way of being will support the physical process of clearing Candida. Use the following affirmation several times per day for the next 4 weeks.
Affirmation: “I let go of all that no longer belongs to me and allow myself to experience and feel all of the very best in my life."
To book your next session in person or Skype please email us at email@example.com.